Tuesday 1 November 2011







I seem to be getting exceedingly more excited with every holiday we have. Halloween last year I was a little bit enthusiastic and this year that grew and I was even worse!
(This is not taking into account christmas, which I adore at home and look forward to every year.)

I got to celebrate Halloween twice this year. Once in my hometown on Glasgow and the other in my house in Dundee. 
Halloween in Glasgow was amazing. It was really fun to see my friends from back home, we had such a blast catching up and dancing. I usually don't like dancing at clubs, it's not really my type of night out, but it's always fun when you decide to just let loose and not care that you can't dance. Which I can't, however hard I may try. 

In Dundee we decided to have a party at our flat to celebrate instead of going out, simply because it's less hassle and we get to remain warm and stress free! 
It was incredibly fun this year, our party was really busy and lively. The costumes really were fabulous, some had gone above and beyond to impress! 

I decided to dress up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz as a sort of last resort idea. I ordered it in plenty of time, which is quite unusual for me, and bought all of the little bits and pieces I needed. It was nice to avoid the last minute panic trying to find a costume! I might try to do this in future! 


This is a picture of me at the party this year versus the costume I had last year when I decided to go as a mouse. I thought it would be fun to compare the two nights! 
I really liked my costume this year. 

In an attempt to make our flat spooky we put up a few decorations around the place.
We have a downstairs den that is already quite spooky and dark, so we decided the main party should be held down there. Louisa and I put a trail of bats and some cobwebs leading down the stairs. 




There was also the obligatory craved pumpkin! We carved 3 this year but I only have a picture of the one I did, which I then made into a bowl for the sweets.






























Hope you all had a fantastic Halloween! 
xcx

No comments:

Post a Comment