Sunday 26 October 2014

Simple Sunday - Life "Cleanse" and Over Thinking.


This weekend has been about staying in and get rid of all schedules for a small moment. The last few weekends have been pretty packed full of travel and visiting friends and family. I was honestly starting to forget what my flat looked like in the daytime. However, dull gloomy mornings in autumn are a definite bonus for me. I think I actually prefer the darker mornings over a bright summer start to the day. Not sure what that says about me.
So here's to the peaceful weekends! The weekends where it's acceptable to sleep till midday, lie on the sofa and watch rom coms or cheery happy movies that don't require any mental effort. Then maybe make a favourite dinner, catch up on your saturday programs in the evening and maybe if you have the energy go for a wander around town and buy that dress you've been eyeing up for a while. Hey, it's nearly payday, right?

Last weekend I was a no show on here as I was down in Glasgow visiting some friends. Seeing friends you don't hang out with very often is always an interesting experience. You sort of build up a humour and way of talking with people you see regularly, and when in the company of others it can come across completely different. I'm making it sound like something bad happened and I assure you that's not the case.
I just sometimes wonder what kind of impression we leave on people once we've left. We only experience maybe one or two nights of each others company every year and I wonder if opinions change afterwards.
I'm perhaps being too cynical about this and even as I'm typing, I'm wondering if I should even keep it in.
I will.

And with that lovely thought, I'm off to enjoy the blissful comfort of the sofa and perhaps eat a generous bowl of ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment