Sunday 22 February 2015

Simple Sundays - A Favourite Pastime


I've Posted so much today!
I haven't done a Simple Sunday in a while, and today is such a simple sunday that I couldn't pass it up.

I was in London from Wednesday to Friday for work. I don't know about you, but having a few hectic days followed by two completely non hectic days is such a weird experience. I don't really know what to do with myself.

Whilst I was travelling down, I started on one of the next books in my reading challenge list. I'm not sure what made me want to read this book, as at first I was a bit sceptical, but I pulled it out on the train and pretty much had to force myself to stop and get some work done. I've wrote a quick update on it which will be posted soon in the reading challenge tag.

Anyways! I've now finished the book and I've become a little obsessed. I love that feeling of being so into a book series that it sits constantly at the forefront of your mind. I haven't found a book like that in a while so I'm very happy. There's honestly no better feeling. Books can have such power.

True to my habits, I've started sketching the characters. I don't know if anyone else does this, but I tend to build up this image of what certain characters look like then try my darned hardest to project that onto paper. There' something very satisfying about seeing characters slowly take physical form in front of you.
I sat until two this morning doodling away. I'm very happy with them, but I'm not the best at showing people what I draw. I'm still a bit self conscious because I tend to see flaws in everything I do. I've posted one, which you can see above. Im still not great at drawing hands, so I've tried to include this in each of these sketches so I can get my practise in.
I tend to have to tell myself a lot not to be embarrassed by what I create. It's definitely a confidence issue. I have to mentally yell at myself to be brave and upload stuff. Theres a little voice in my head that's scared people will judge or tell me it's not good. Which hey, it might not be.
I draw/paint for myself in the end. Which is why it is so rare for me to upload anything to big ol' internet. The internet can be a scary place, after all.

I know I'm not the only one who suffers this. There's a lot of negativity out there, and I for one just try to avoid that as much as I can. It can make it difficult to want to put ourselves out there and not have our say. Today I'm feeling brave, so I'm embracing that.

I know I've rambled on a bit about something so minor as posting a picture, but it's a topic I'm constantly debating with myself about, and I wanted to say my piece.

hope you're all having a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment